An American in London? Sounds like a blockbuster film, but if you are indeed an American citizen in the UK, then you need to make sure your stay here isn’t a flop when it comes to tax.
As experts in both US and UK tax regimes, we are adept at helping people to get things right.
For example, we work with people who have been across the pond to the US, obtained citizenship, and then returned to these shores.
Much of our time is spent helping professionals who come from the US to work in the UK. That means their tax affairs are often complex and they need to file the right returns, in the right place, at the right time.
If you’re an American in the UK, whether that’s permanently or on a temporary secondment, we’re here to help.
We’ll ensure that the transition is as smooth as possible and that there are no surprises if you return to America.
How do we help?
- We will evaluate your US and UK reporting obligations and ensure that you are compliant by completing the necessary returns
- We will help you to minimise your tax obligations in a legal and compliant way
- We understand how the UK and US laws deal with investment income and capital gains and will advise accordingly
- We will advise you on the timing of tax payments and the interaction between UK and US deadlines
- Help you plan the timing of a capital event, for example, a house sale or business sale
- Advice on the taxation of pensions plans.
- We ensure that your UK and US affairs will be looked after by the same people, delivering a coherent strategy and comprehensive service
In short, we’ll remove the financial stress that comes with working overseas, allowing you to focus on your career, family and lifestyle. With us on board, you can rest assured that financial issues won’t be taxing.
Finally, if you return to the US, we can continue our working relationship.
Click here to find out more about what we do.